This article assumes that you have already purchased a binder and coupon insert pages. The coupon insert pages are the clear plastic 3 hole punched pages where you store your coupons for easy viewing.
I first divide the coupons into catergories and then divide the categories into subcategories. This makes for easy searching and locating. For Example: I have a Medical Catergory and then I have Medicine/Pain Relievers, Vitamins & Supplements, and Medical Supplies as subcatergories. Here are the steps to follow:
- Print out the dividers that your family will need (links below)
- Print out the subdivider sheet (link below)
- Punch each divider page with a 3 hole punch
- Put the dividers into the binder in your choice of ways…alphabetically or follow the blueprint of your favorite store.
- Now cut out the subdivider tabs. Please remember that not all categories will need subcategories. You will learn as you go which categories quickly fill up with coupons.
- Starting on the top of an coupon insert page, tape a subdivider category tab. Take another coupon insert page and tape another subdivider tab on it staggering them down as you go. Stagger so that when the pages are in the binder you will be able to see each subcategory within the category. Repeat until all subcategories in that category have tabs. Continue doing this with each category.